Space Maintainers—Bastrop, TX
Giving Your Child’s Smile Room to Grow
At Smiles University in Bastrop, we specialize in space maintainers that support your child's oral development. These simple devices can reduce future orthodontic needs, paving the way for a healthy, happy smile in the event your child loses a tooth prematurely. Let us help maintain space for your child's teeth to grow in naturally, ensuring a beautiful smile for years to come.
Why Choose Smiles University Pediatric Dentistry for Space Maintainers?
- Three Board-Certified Pediatric Dentists
- Friendly, Skilled, & Experienced Dental Team
- All PPO Dental Insurance Plans Accepted
Why are Space Maintainers Necessary?
When a primary tooth is lost prematurely, a space maintainer plays a crucial role in keeping the gap open. This helps create the correct alignment for emerging permanent teeth. By maintaining this space, we can significantly reduce the likelihood of orthodontic complications, potentially decreasing or even eliminating the need for braces in your child's future. These appliances stay in the mouth at all times and can only be taken out by a member of our team.
Caring for Your Child’s Space Maintainer
Caring for any dental appliance, particularly those used for several months, is key to its effectiveness. The good news is that maintenance is simple, involving only a few basic steps to keep it clean and intact. Here are a few simple things to keep in mind:
- Have your child avoid sticky and chewy foods as well as gum.
- Make sure your child doesn’t use their fingers or tongue to push or pull their maintainer.
- The appliance should be brushed and rinsed every time your child cleans their teeth.
- Keep up with your child’s regular visits to Smiles University Pediatric Dentistry so we can closely monitor the alignment of their teeth.